We’re exploring the five books of Moses through historical background, diachronic and synchronic studies, and theological interpretation, with particular attention given to integrating these methods toward a better understanding of the Pentateuch itself or the role of the Pentateuch in Biblical Theology.
This year we finish a two-year series on the dating of Pentateuchal sources by focusing on the absolute dating of D. For more information, contact the conveners.
- Todd Patterson, Matej Bel University, Presiding (5 min)
- Michael Cox, LCC International University, Presiding (5 min)
- Bill T. Arnold, Asbury Theological Seminary
Deuteronomy as the Ipsissima Vox of Moses: An Update (35 min)
- Sandra Richter, Westmont College, Respondent (10 min)
- Kaz Hayashi, Baylor University
The Shape of Deuteronomy in Chronicles: An Evaluation of Deuteronomy’s terminus ante quem (35 min)
- Benjamin Giffone, LCC International University, Respondent (10 min)
- Discussion (25 min)