Website Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Given the many changes affecting the world at large and American society in particular, the Dean of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School will provide leadership and oversight to the diverse and vibrant TEDS faculty and staff, ensuring a culture of faithful excellence, and building upon the core commitments, mission and values of TEDS in preparing men and women for effective Christian ministry in the coming decades. This leadership will include oversight for the planning, administration, evaluation, and improvement of the academic and administrative programs, services, and functions of the divinity school, as well as curriculum development, accreditation, and budget administration.
- Serve as an articulate and winsome advocate for TEDS, engaging with diverse constituencies, and effectively articulating the value of TEDS’ theological education for the church and the public square.
- Ensure that TEDS is a learning community where men and women from diverse nationalities, ethnicities, and cultures are warmly encouraged and supported in pursuit of theological education for the sake of God’s redemptive mission in the world.
- Provide oversight and accountability for TEDS curriculum development, accreditation, staff, and budget administration.
- Recruit and develop TEDS faculty to ensure the right mix of gifts and expertise needed to collectively and collaboratively serve the church through teaching effectiveness, ministry preparation, and scholarly contribution.
- Convene the faculty and faculty senate in regular meetings and participate ex officio in various faculty committees as needed.
- Oversee and develop the organizational structure of TEDS, making recommendations to the Provost and/or the President as needed.
- Work strategically and collaboratively with Enrollment Services, Marketing and Communication and Student Services to help promote TEDS, recruit and retain students.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources to support professional development opportunities for TEDS staff members who are not a part of the teaching faculty. Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost and/or the President.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ affirming without mental reservation the Statement of Faith of Trinity International University, which is also that of the Evangelical Free Church of America (https://www.tiu.edu/statement-of-faith/). A faithful member of an evangelical congregation with an ability to communicate the Christian gospel and to articulate a Christian worldview with conviction.
- Enthusiastic affirmation of the purpose and core values of TEDS within TIU as well as all its community statements.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, ThD, EdD) from an accredited college, university or seminary with teaching, service and/or publications commensurate with the rank of professor in their area of expertise.
- A minimum of three years of administrative leadership (as dean, associate or assistant dean, or department chair) with demonstrated abilities in collaborative leadership as well as results-oriented management. This includes experience with supervising educational budgets, fundraising and/or grant writing.
- Ability to relate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents, administrators, faculty, staff and students, and to carry out the various liaison functions of the role.
- Supportive of the intercultural and international ethos of TEDS.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Pastoral experience and ministerial credentials in good standing.
- Extended international and/or cross-cultural experience – multi-lingual proficiency.
- Demonstrated advocate for evangelical theological education and the Christian intellectual tradition.
For additional information and application instructions please visit:
To apply for this job please visit www.tiu.edu.