Isaiah and Intertextuality
Conveners: andrew abernethy, Wilson de Angelo Cunha • Email conveners
This group is part of a multi-year project in the theme of Isaiah, intertextuality, and the Old Testament.
In 2020, the group is exploring intertextual links between Isaiah and the Nevi’im, with four invited papers.
- Andrew Abernethy, Wheaton College (Illinois), Presiding
- Wilson de Angelo Cunha, LeTourneau University, Presiding
- Hugh G. M. Williamson, University of Oxford
Isaiah and Jeremiah (25 min)
- Beth M. Stovell, Ambrose University College and Seminary
Of King and Coal, Hearing and Hardening: Ezekiel’s Intertextual Use of Isaiah in Conceptualizing Divine Presence and Prophetic Call (25 min)
- Alphonso Groenewald, University of Pretoria
Social justice versus cult criticism in Isaiah (1:10–20) and Amos (5:21–24)? A Trauma Perspective (25 min)
- Mark Boda, McMaster Divinity College
Isaiah in Zechariah: Assyria and Babylon in the Redemptive Plan for Zion (25 min)
- Discussion (15 min)