Scripture and Church Seminar
The Scripture and Church Seminar (SACS) explores the interface between Scripture and the church, covering the terrain that is normally referred to as Practical Theology. SACS is part of the Tyndale House Scripture Collective.
Theme: “The Psalms and the Life of the Church.” The Scripture and Church Seminar explores the nexus between Scripture and the Church in terrain typically denominated “practical theology.” Our papers this year will address:
- The Psalms and the Faith of the Church: How is the faith of the church formed by diverse interpretations of the Psalms in terms of her worship and liturgy.
- The Psalms and the Preaching of the Church: How should the Psalms be preached in a cultural and theological context so far removed from their original setting?
- The Psalms and Music of the Church: What are some ways in which the Psalms are inspiring church musicians to compose music?
- Bill DeJong, Redeemer University College, Presiding (5 min)
- Opening Liturgy
- Bill DeJong, Redeemer University College
Scripture Reading and Prayer (5 min)
- Susan Bubbers, The ATLAS Theological Center
The Psalms and the Faith of the Church (25 min)
- William Olhausen, Anglican Diocese of Dublin and Glendalough
The Psalms and the Preaching of the Church (25 min)
- Break (10 min)
- Delvyn Case III, Wheaton College, Massachusetts
The Psalms and the Music of the Church (25 min)
- Discussion (50 min)
- Closing Liturgy